Monday, May 19, 2014

All Good Things...

Dear friends,

All good things must come to an end.

Below is a 30-second clip from the last episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation where Q says to Picard, "Goodbye, Jean-Luc. I'm going to miss you. You had such potential. But then, again, all good things must come to an end." You have to be on a computer or laptop to watch it, something about Flash not working on mobile devises.



My "Dream Month" has come to an end. I can't believe it's been a full month! But I guess time really does fly when you're having fun.

Life used to go by very slowly. When I was working the office life, doing the same thing, day-in and day-out, always waiting for weekend, a single week would feel like a lifetime. Life used to be dreary. I used to think that that's how life was supposed to be. I used to think that growing-up meant tolerating misery. But I don't think that way anymore. Not after the month that I've just had.

My new philosophy is this: Make this life great! It's meant to be fun! Have adventures, learn new things, get outside more, and create something that moves you and moves others, too!

Stare at beautiful flowers, bake a cheesecake, imagine one day living in that gorgeous high-rise condominium, drink a glass of port, tour a historical landmark, watch your friend perform at a music festival, peruse a chocolate shop, explore a new culture, wear a sun dress, make a pasta salad, tour a winery, go to the top of the Washington Monument, face a fear, watch local comedians, make a collage, read a book (write a book!), eat from a food truck, attend an old friend's graduation, go to a new friend's BBQ, and climb to the top of a mountain!


No, really. Go do one of those things right now! I'm not saying you have to quit your job, like I did. But hey, if you want to quit your job, then by all means, quit your job! I'm just saying that life is fun! It's exciting! And it's all of these things RIGHT NOW! Don't wait until you're retired to enjoy life. Life is an adventure, and it's an adventure today!

So the "Dream Month" is over. What's next? Well, now it's time to start earning some money again. I had an interview at a temp agency this morning. I told my representative that I'm looking for a freelance lifestyle from here on out. I told her that I was looking for one, two, or three-day gigs. I said I would even be happy doing the occasional week-long job. My goal is to keep working on this blog and keep working on my book, while working temp jobs to pay some bills. I even plan to sign-up as a substitute teacher here in DC. I want to keep my schedule open and flexible. I don't want to give-up this "Dream Month" lifestyle completely. I just need to integrate some money-making into this new creative lifestyle. So that's the plan.

I wish all of you a Dream Month. I wish all of you a Dream Life!

All my love,
Leila

P.S. All ten episodes of The Sherman House Webisodes are available to stream for free at www.shwebisodes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment