Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Best Day Of My Life!

Dear friends,

Three AMAZING things happened yesterday!!!! Gah!!!!! Easily, the best day of my life (or, at least, of 2014). And here they are, in no particular order.


1. The 9th season of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER is now available to stream on Netflix!!!!!


No, you don't realize how monumental this is! My fella introduced me to this show last year. I had heard of it, but really didn't have any interested in watching it until Eric assured me how much I would love it. And I did! And in a matter of weeks, we consumed all 8 seasons. And since then, I've managed to live my life for the past YEAR without knowing how the final season plays out. I've managed to avoid all reviews of the show. I still don't know how the show ends! That's how good I've been at screening out any spoilers from my life. But now it's here, it's here, it's here!!! And I FINALLY get to learn how Ted meets their mother!!! Gahhhhh!!!!!!!!


2. I had a phone interview with someone in the HR department of AMERICAN UNIVERSITY!!!


As many of you know, I have been dreaming of a job at AU for quite some time now. As much as I've been loving the "freelance writer" lifestyle, I've actually gone broke. True story. I can pay rent on October 1st, and that's it! So I've been applying for admin jobs since June. But earlier this month, I learned that the School of Communication was looking for an administrative assistant position in the Graduate Student department. Well, I have BEEN a graduate student in the School of Communication, and I have BEEN an administrative assistant (many times), so I immediately KNEW that this was my job. I submitted my application as soon as the job was posted. And I have been picturing my life there ever since.

Look, I know that no job will ever be perfect. Just like no relationship will ever be perfect. And no home will ever be perfect. But I will bring my best self to that office every day. And I will finally be able to return to a regular income (because worrying about money every day is not fun, I have learned). So I will have an income. I will have routine. And I will be working for an organization that I truly care about and that I would like to see myself at for the long run. I have another interview next week, then we'll see how life progresses from there.


3. And finally, the BIGGEST news story of the day. ELIZABETH GILBERT retweeted my blogpost on TWITTER!!!! Gah!!!!!!


This (above) is what it looks like when Elizabeth Gilbert retweets your blogpost (my heart, be still).

I don't know if you read it or not, but two days ago, I wrote a blogpost all about my experience at Oprah's The Life You Want Weekend. And then I posted the link to my blog onto Twitter (as I do). And I also tagged Oprah, Elizabeth Gilbert, Iyanla Vanzant, and Rob Bell in my Tweet, because I had mentioned all of them in the blogpost (especially Elizabeth, I went on and on and on and on about my girl Liz!). 

Well, my girl, Elizabeth Gilbert, then retweeted the link to my blogpost! And then two other people retweeted it! And nine people "favorited" it! I normally get one or two hits a day on this blog. Yesterday alone, I got over 120 hits!!!


Can you read the image above? It's a screen shot of my stats. At the time I took this screen shot, 151 people had read (or at least clicked on) my blogpost about my Oprah experience.

But even more importantly to me, Elizabeth Gilbert actually read something that I wrote! She read my words. She read my soul! Agh, it's just too much to handle!!!

So here's what I have to do now. I have to keep writing. I have to publish my book. Liz Gilbert asked me to publish my female hero's journey story. I must do this! And I must dedicate it to her. The signs are everywhere.

Maybe it's because of my experience this weekend, maybe it's not. But right now, I am TRULY living the life that I want!!! May you ALL live the life that you want.

Much love,
Leila

P.S. Want to watch a web series that I starred in? For free? All 10 episodes of The Sherman House Webisodes are free to stream at www.shwebisodes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment